Day 13: Dubrovnik
Back in Croatia, we had a full day to explore the Pearl of the Adriatic, Dubrovnik
One last day on the Adriatic coast and Dubrovnik did not disappoint! Today's highlights were:
- Walking the walls. It got a bit crowded toward the end, but it's totally worth it for the unique views!
- A well deserved lunch with friends at Oliva. Pizza was the order of the day.
- A quick climb up to the Fort of St. Lawrence, we almost had the place all to ourself and the view of Dubrovnik was worth the climb.
- Finding a few quiet lanes. The main lanes were packed with cruise ship tourists in the afternoon so it was delightful to break away from the pack and find a few quiet spots.
- An amazing dinner to cap off a wonderful tour. All together family style at one long table, we laughed and toasted the night away. Too bad for early morning flights!
A truly amazing journey with new friends made along the way, finding some wonders I didn't know were there, and seeing some spectacular places. Thank you to Martin for this photo of our merry band of travelers:
Today was a leisurely stroll through town with our tour guide in the morning before we were turned loose and decided to walk the walls of town before they got too crowded.
- A: Dubrovnik tour with local guide Robert
- B: Walking the walls of Dubrovnik
- C: Wandering the back lanes of town
- D: Walking to dinner
- E: Yikes! We had a really early flight home (4:45 am airport pick up) The roads were a bit bumpy so I got flights of stairs for the half hour drive to the airport
- F: Climbing the Fort of St. Lawrence ~20 flights of stairs
Thanks for reading about my journey. Happy travels, I can't wait for my next trip!! If you want to find out how to take this tour for yourself, check out the Rick Steves Tours page and search for the 'Adriatic in 14 days'